The Church of England in Devon
St Michael’s Church, Beer and the Holyford Mission Community
The Parochial Church Councils of St Michael’s, Beer and the Holyford Mission Community are seeking to find a suitable person or persons who can help develop the work of the church with pre-school children, young people and families in our communities. You will have experience in pre-school children/young people’s work and families, however some training in specific areas can be given. This will be paid on a sessional basis of up to 20 hours per week with potential fees of up to £10,400 per year.
This is a continuation of existing work in the Holyford churches where there are two existing projects to build upon, an excellent network of relationships, existing teams of volunteers and the potential for further development. In Beer, this is a new role and so it will evolve in line with the abilities of the candidate and volunteers as opportunities present themselves.
- Experience of working with pre-school children, young people and their families.
- Initiative for developing fresh ideas.
- Experience of creating and delivering age appropriate activities to develop Christian knowledge and understanding.
- Awareness of the needs of parents and carers within a village community
- Ability to work with, encourage and lead a team of volunteers.
- Ability to identify people’s strengths and encourage volunteers to engage with appropriate resources and training.
- A willingness to contribute to, and sometimes lead, informal worship, praise and prayer which will engage pre-school children, young people and their parents.
Art and craft experience. Ability to lead singing. Ability to play an accompanying instrument.
Familiarity with multi-media equipment.
- Music Group for Pre-schoolers with parents and carers (Beer)
- Primary School Assemblies (Beer)
- After-school Club (Beer)
- Informal Family café/worship event) (Beer)
- Holiday Club (Beer)
- Messy Church (Colyton)
- Noah’s Ark – (Colyford)
- After-school group (Branscombe)
Closing date for applications is 27 June 2014
interviews will take place week commencing 7 July 2014
If you would like more information please contact
Rev Hilary Dawson 01297 553180 email@example.com
Rev Ann Stuckey 07814078710 firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us to share God’s love with our pre-school children, young people and families